As your child begins to grow, it’s important to ensure your little one is safe at home.
These simple tips can help save your child from injury.
1. Ensure all electrical outlets are covered. Payne Family Homes offers childproof electrical outlets that can be installed in your new home.
2. Leave appliances unplugged when not in use, especially the toaster. Keep electrical cords coiled and out of reach, or place the appliances in your cabinets.
3. While cooking in your deluxe Payne Family Homes kitchen, keep your pots on the back burners and turn the handles toward the center of the stove.
4. Keep step stools away from counters to prevent the little explorers from reaching the countertops.
5. Install safety latches on all cupboards, refrigerators, and chests, children are curious – they’ll get into what they can!
6. Store detergents, soaps, alcohol and other hazardous items out of reach.
7. Make sure your trash can’s lid is latched and inaccessible to children.
8. Make sure your area rugs have non-slip pads underneath, especially when you’ve got little ones beginning to walk.
9. Keep breakables, especially fine china, in secured cupboard out of reach – for the time being, display them in a curio cabinet and remember to install safety latches.
10. Use window guards, window stops, or safety netting to prevent kids from falling out of windows.
Payne Family Homes uses Jeld-Wen Windows which are made with “MAG-Locks”. These locks are more secure and easier to use than other window locks. MAG-Lock automatically locks the window and it only activates when the mechanism is in front of the keeper and the keeper magnet draws in the bolt – creating an audible click. Not only are the windows secure, they’re energy efficient; Jeld-Wen received the 2010 Energy Star Partner of the Year Award.
Payne Family Homes uses safe and reliable resources to build their new homes; they truly live out their mission statement in all that they do – Payne Family Homes crafts distinctive homes that are built to stand the test of time.