Times change, and so do family lifestyles.
Well-attuned to the changing priorities of homebuyers in a volatile economy, Payne Family Homes was eager to be ready for its customers with a unique and all-new collection of home designs. To achieve this goal, company president Ken Kruse turned to a longtime industry colleague last summer. Chicago-based architect Paul Knitter is recognized for his innovative ideas, in-depth research, and exceptional grasp of housing trends. In collaboration with Payne Family executives, Knitter’s assignment was to develop a product line that addressed the way today’s families actually “live their lives.”
The designs were to be highly functional, architecturally distinctive, and aesthetically pleasing – incorporating those features most important to contemporary homeowners – and priced affordably, without sacrificing the quality or craftsmanship that characterizes all Payne Family Homes. According to Knitter, “A primary objective was to create home designs that satisfied the needs of all types of customers, regardless of their stage of life, and would withstand the test of time.”
The end result was twelve fabulous new plans, unveiled this spring in Payne Family neighborhoods as “The Lifestyle Series.” The various ranch, story-&-a-half, and 2-story models provide two to four bedrooms and 1627 to 3388 square feet of living space. Each is offered with a choice of five stylish elevations, ensuring curb appeal and a wonderfully diverse streetscape for the homebuilder’s communities. It’s the countless, thoughtful, standard features that distinguish a “Lifestyle” home, however – and are dazzling customers!
A partial list includes:
• Open, expandable floorplans with multi-function spaces that can be adapted to owners’
• Larger garages, with versions allowing for 3-car tandem or front-load parking
• Oversize laundry rooms that can be closed off
• Mudrooms separated from family activity areas and conveniently positioned for unloading groceries and storing kids’ school gear
• Zoned heating/cooling in multi-level plans
• Larger windows for more natural light
• Kitchens with spacious cabinetry and extensive counter space
• Overhead lighting in bedrooms
• Elegant master suites with unique closet appointments, 6-foot tubs, 48” shower enclosures, double-bowl vanities, and compartmented water closets.
Then there are the countless “Lifestyle” options, ranging from specialized “work zones” to finished lower levels, a money-saving Energy Package, state-of-the-art Bose audio/video pre-wiring package, plus a kitchen “command center” – even kitchen trash cabinets and mudroom boot.
Once Knitter’s working drawings were completed, Eva Fryar, Purchasing/Estimating Manager for Payne Family Homes, worked closely with the firm’s subcontractors and vendors to achieve the remarkably affordable pricing, which varies by community and starts as low as $190,900. Timely and timeless! – Payne Family Homes’ “Lifestyle Series” is available in six desirable neighborhoods in St. Charles and St. Louis Counties. For specific information and driving directions, visit www.paynefamilyhomes.com